Whether, one is looking, to purchase a new home, and/ or, feels it is in his best – interests, to refinance, for whatever reason (for example, other financial need, seeking better rates, etc), it’s important to carefully choose/ select, the best mortgage banker, for you! Since, each of us, is different, and, the combination of one’s personal knowledge and experience/ expertise, as well as our emotional composure/ make – up, it is, often, a significant consideration, ensuring, choosing, the right person, for you, to professionally, assist you, in your financing/ mortgage needs! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 specific priorities, one should consider, in making their choice/ selection.
1. Listens effectively: Like, in many consumer positions, etc, it is wise, to choose, someone, who listens, effectively, rather than dominating the conversation! How can anyone, make the best recommendations, in terms of, mortgage – terms (lengths, down – payments, using – points, etc), unless/ he, fully considers, individual needs, in a customized way, rather than, merely, proceeding, on a one – size – fits – all, basis?
2. Custom service: Each of us, has individual needs, knowledge, etc, so, choose a mortgage banker, who customizes his approach, to best serve your needs, priorities, and best – interests, instead of, merely, the same – old, same – old, manner! Since, for most people, their house, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t it make sense, to carefully, consider, all relevant aspects, and details?
3. Explains thoroughly, what is needed: Beware of the difference, between, being, pre – qualified, and pre – approved, for a loan! The more detail, and documentation, up – front, generally, eases the rest of the transaction period. Seek, someone, who, openly, thoroughly, explains, what will be needed, an overall strategy, and the best path, forward!
4. Explains thoroughly, what to expect: Few things, become more stressful, than being confronted with surprises, and the need, to produce, on a timely basis, additional documentation, etc. When, your chosen professional, thoroughly, explains, what to expect, and has you, as prepared as possible, it significantly, eases the process!
5. Hand – holding: Many find the entire, real estate transaction period, stressful, it demonstrates, how important, your choice of your agent, and mortgage banker, is! It is best, to choose, someone, and/ or, a team, which is there, for you, every – step, along the way, and holds – your – hand, and comforts you, throughout!
6. Expedites/ stays on – the – ball: It’s not enough, for someone, to be, simply, a glorified, order – taker! Seek someone, who, proactively, expedites, and eases the process, is consistently, prepared (no surprises), and stays, on – the – ball!
Ease the home – purchasing, and/ or, financing process, by hiring the finest, mortgage professional, for you, and your specific needs, and priorities! The wiser, you proceed, the easier, this will be!